[Zope3-dev] How does Zope.Configuration work?

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 13:50:28 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 28 Mar 2002, Tim Hoffman wrote:
> I would imagine that each instance may also want to have potentially
> different instance specific properties
> for each product. ie taking from Zope 2 world, External Image in

The current configuration design accomodates this.  Conceptually,
when starting a zope instance you feed it a top level config
file, which includes everything that instance needs and nothing
else, and contains whatever instance-overrides it wants.  Of course,
you can also layer this, so the instance config file could include
a site config file that would establish the default site policies.

--RDM