[Zope3-dev] RFC: preCreation view, postCreation view use cases

Gary Poster garyposter@earthlink.net
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 23:05:43 -0500

On Thursday 28 March 2002 03:14 pm, R. David Murray wrote:
> Here's a half-thought-out alternative using PropertySets.  If you
> create a PropertSetDef that holds the IFields needed to collect the
> data required to create the object, you could register it on a
> generic marker interface that object containers would support:

It might work, and does sound like it has some cool advantages.  I see a
couple of disadvantages, the foremost being that this would force a property
set solution on someone wanting to implement this: I'd like a simpler
solution from which one could build a variety of "helper" solutions, some
possibly using property sets, some using formulator, some using sessions and
temporary objects, and so on.

I just took another stab at this on the wiki--also not fully thought out, but
it seems like a start.  David, I also linked to your email.  Feel free to
trash what I wrote about it and explain away, or whatever you want.

http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/CreateFileFromFormInput

Gary