[Zope3-dev] RFC: preCreation view, postCreation view use cases

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Sat, 30 Mar 2002 16:51:35 +0000

Florent Guillaume wrote:
> Steve Alexander  <steve@cat-box.net> wrote:
>
>>I usually implement it an object of the usual class for that content
>>component, initialized with the correct values, and wrapped
>>(ContextWrapper) in the context of its container-to-be, even though it
>>has not yet been added to its container-to-be.
>

> Hm, but then it's not in the ZODB, so you have to have an alternate
> mechanisme to handle persistence in the case of a creation in several
> steps.

That's a good point.

I just recreate the object on each request, based in the information
passed (for example in a form) in the request.

Having a special temporary storage for this sort of thing sounds like a
good idea. We already have the basis for this in Zope 2.5.

--
Steve Alexander