[Zope3-dev] schema initial documentation

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Wed, 1 May 2002 09:27:01 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 28 Apr 2002, Craeg K Strong wrote:
> in the sort of metamodeling issues you are discussing.   My question is
> this: will the
> metamodel be reified?  That is, will it be captured as actual code and
> classes such that models
> could be generated automatically from it?    This is Goodness for many
> reasons
> (which we can get into in case it is not obvious to everybody).

I guess it's not obvious to me, probably because I don't know a lot
about modeling tools.  In my visualization (which may or may not
be shared by Martijn and Jim), there will be "generic" views and
components that can use Schemas to automatically generate display
and edit forms, possibly using additional meta-data provided by
companion objects defined at the same level of abstraction as
the Schemas.  Does your requirement go beyond that kind of thing?

--RDM