[Zope3-dev] simple question

Tom Deprez Tom Deprez" <tom.deprez@uz.kuleuven.ac.be
Fri, 3 May 2002 15:12:22 +0200

Hi,

I'm not involved in the Zope3 development (I do not have the skills to help
you, yet). However, I do have a question. It came up several times, so I
thought why not ask it:

1) Sometimes when developing a site, a default product fullfills your needs,
however the meta_type doesn't reflect the object.
A Leaflet or a Casus all can be added to the ZODB with a DTML Document, but
the end user would have it difficult to relate a DTML Document with a
leafdlet or a Casus. It would be easier for them, if they could add a
'Leaflet' to the ZODB, ie a DTML Document with alias name 'leaflet'.
If they would like to search for leaflet's, they could select the leaflet
type (which is in fact a DTML Document)
Of course this is just something to make it convenient for the end-user. But
it's perhaps something to think of.
We could do this by creating a new product, inheriting the DTML Document,
but that's perhaps too much work for something which could be done easier.

2) Sometimes a default product is good enough, but some properties should be
added to it. Perhaps it's possible to make it easy of enhancing a product by
adding some properties without the hassle of creating a new product. Just
something like eg a ZClass, but in this case, you just tell which default
product you'll use and which properties needs to be added. That would be
all. Later on this product can then be used as if it was a totally different
product.

Tom.