[Zope3-dev] Workflow Usecase

Casey Duncan casey@zope.com
Mon, 6 May 2002 09:39:18 -0400

Since Zope3 has inherently, the concept of denying a particular permissio=
n on=20
an object for a particular principal, so this should be more straightforw=
ard.

However, you could accomplish almost the same thing in Zope2 by turning o=
ff=20
acquisition for a particular permission (Delete objects in this case), so=
=20
long as the permission was not set explicitly on that object for any of t=
hat=20
user's roles. In general most content acquires all their permissions from=
=20
their parent folder, so this isn't much of an issue.

-Casey

On Monday 06 May 2002 04:54 am, Chris Withers allegedly wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> I thought I'd throw this one out for you guys to think about.
>=20
> I have some CMF content which I don't want the author to be able to del=
ete=20
when
> its in a certain workflow state. Of course, they need to be able to del=
ete=20
other
> stuff in the same folder.
>=20
> I can see no way of doing this other than a hack in folder_delete to ch=
eck=20
if
> the user has the 'Delete objects' permission on the object itself, rath=
er=20
than