[Zope3-dev] manage_befroeDelete?!

Janko Hauser jh@comunit.de
Fri, 10 May 2002 13:33:54 +0200

On Fri, 10 May 2002 12:02:09 +0100
Chris Withers <chrisw@nipltd.com> wrote:

> I do hope this isn't a Zope 3 solution?!
>
> Please tell me these
> nasty-hooks-which-should-be-replaced-by-the-ObjectHub aren't still
> around?!?!

For what should the ObjectHub be used? To store the information? Or to
provide a method to ask the object if it can be deleted?

Oh you want to have an event (delete) and the object can implement an
event-handler (manage_beforeDelete :-).

But isn't this also a general permission-problem of container-like
objects, that they can do, what they want with the objects the
contain?

__Janko
--
i.A. Dr. Janko Hauser
Software Engineering

http://www.comunit.de/	mailto:jh@comunit.de
Eiffestr. 598		20537 Hamburg | Germany
Fon 040 | 21 11 05 25	Fax  040 | 21 11 05 26