[Zope3-dev] renaming MementoBags..conclusions?

Shane Hathaway shane@zope.com
Mon, 13 May 2002 10:24:20 -0400

Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

>     RDM> In light of Gary's point about this describing the data as
>     RDM> opposed to the interface, how about
>
>     RDM> 	IAttachData
>
>     RDM> Of course, that doesn't mention that you can later retrieve
>     RDM> the data, but perhaps that goes without saying?
>
> IAnnotation?

IAnnotation sounds very good to me, FWIW.

Streaming thoughts... perhaps "IMetadata" doesn't fit since metadata is
just one kind of annotation (and not all metadata is an annotation).
Security settings, workflow state, etc. are not metadata.  The word
"association" is connected with metadata so that doesn't fit either.  To
me, "IAttachedData" is good, but "IAttachData" doesn't convey the sense
that you can retrieve the data (it's a verb, so you can really only
perform some variation of attaching data), but that's only an opinion.
IMHO IAnnotation definitely wins the quick comprehension requirement. :-)

Shane