Container __get/set/delitem__? (was Re: [Zope3-dev] naming issues: id vs name, delObject vs ?)

Casey Duncan casey@zope.com
Tue, 14 May 2002 17:33:42 -0400

On Tuesday 14 May 2002 04:58 pm, Ken Manheimer wrote:
> > Alternate proposal:
>=20
> Please, get over these residual fears and correct the old mistake.  We=20
> have nothing to lose but our hard-to-remember method names!

+1

=46rom a newbie perspective this makes lots 'o sense. I know it took me a=
 lot=20
longer than it should have way back when to figure out how to get the lis=
t of=20
objects a folder contains.

I think making people use an adapter just to get the behavior in a "pytho=
nic"=20
way is nonsensical. And defeats the purpose of having the capability at a=
ll=20
IMHO.

Wouldn't it be cool to write:

for object in folder: