[Zope3-dev] renaming MementoBags..conclusions?

Patrick K. O'Brien pobrien@orbtech.com
Tue, 14 May 2002 17:01:08 -0500

[Ken Manheimer]
> Why "Baggage" instead of "Incidentals" (or "Annotations")?  Baggage
> implies, to me at least, that the objects are carried by the subject,
> while Incidentals does not.  Plus, baggage colloquially has the
> connotation of "burden".

Baggage retains the "bag" notion and is fairly general sounding, though it
can have the negative connotation that you pointed out, as well as the
subject/object reversal if one pictures it that way.

> (Or am i taking this suggestion too seriously?)

Probably. I meant to imply as much with my ??? marks. (I probably should
have been more direct.) I just thought I would toss it out there, since you
were making a last minute suggestion as well. But I don't think Baggage is
necessarily better than Annotations. It is shorter. But if the shoe doesn't
fit...

---
Patrick K. O'Brien
Orbtech