[Zope3-dev] UI Design help needed for ObjectHub task

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Wed, 15 May 2002 15:26:29 +0100

Lalo Martins wrote:

> Personally, I don't think HTML UI should be a worry at this point, yet. Just
> do the simplest thing that could possibly work.

Indeed. However, finding a simple thing is not necessarily as
straightforward as doing the obvious complex thing.

Also, I'm overstretched, and the help is, erm, helpful.

Also, this is an opportunity for some people to become more closely
involved with Zope 3 development.

> Bear in mind that the HTML TTW UI for all of Zope3 is in the process of
> being seriously considered and designed (see ZopeTop). As ObjectHub is a
> quite important component, IMHO it should go trough the same process.

Sure. Thanks for the heads-up.

The ObjectHub needs a simple basic UI for empirically testing it, and to
use as a basis for communicating what you can do with the thing. I think
the specs for a ZopeTop ObjectHub UI will be easier to write and
validate if there is already an existing basic UI for the ObjectHub.

--
Steve Alexander