[Zope3-dev] Traversal inconsistency/error

Gary Poster garyposter@earthlink.net
Wed, 15 May 2002 20:38:00 -0400

In the adapter Zope.App.Traversing.Traverser, getPhysicalPath returns a tuple
of names from the root; traverse, in the same class, receiving this exact
tuple, does not automatically start at the root because the "getPhysicalPath"
tuple does not begin with None to symbolize an intial slash.

This seems counter-intuitive, and an error.  Shouldn't getPhysicalPath return
a tuple that begins with None so that it can be used without change to feed
straight back into its brother, traverse?

Or is there a reason for this one?

By the way, I'm hoping to make a check in soon that will make service
traversal work, among other things--I've made a few errors of understanding
here and there that I'm hopefully correcting.

Gary