[Zope3-dev] Package organization quandry

John D. Heintz jheintz@isogen.com
16 May 2002 09:39:27 -0500

On Wed, 2002-05-15 at 15:31, Jim Fulton wrote:
> Guido van Rossum wrote:

> > I guess the point is that you have to separate out the parts that are
> > app-specific (such __get__) and the parts that can be shared.  Then
> > the latter can be distributed and used separately.
>
> The thing is, it could be argued that the things I want are *not* app
> specific. Is a ZPT flavor that is security, traversal, and view aware
> specific to the Zope application server?  Is security? Are component?
> I'm not really sure where we should draw the line.
>
> Jim

I would apply YAGNI and put questionable things into Zope.App.  Later,
as it becomes clear that people want to use say a traversal and view
(but not security) ZPT flavor then those parts can be refactored into
Zope.* packages as necessary.

Just $.02 from
John