[Zip] Re: [Zope3-dev] Zope 3 ids, names, and unicode

Stefane Fermigier sf@fermigier.com
Mon, 20 May 2002 13:44:37 +0200

On Mon, May 20, 2002 at 01:30:41PM +0200, Martijn Faassen wrote:
>=20
> Well, I'd say ids in Zope, as they show up in urls at least, can have
> a meaning. They don't have to have a meaning, but it's rather nice
> that they *can* (it makes for readable urls among others). Very similar
> to file names, which don't have to have a meaning, but it's rather nice
> that they can.

Right. Except that for Joe Average Desktop Operating system And Office
Automation User, file names are the only way they have to order their
content, so it's very important that they are meaningful to them.

Regarding the wikinames, we, the french users, are a little bit less desp=
erate
than japanese or other non-latin character sets, but the restriction on A=
SCII
only characters is annoying for many customers.

	S.

--=20
St=E9fane Fermigier, Tel: +33 (0)6 63 04 12 77 (mobile).
http://nuxeo.com/ & http://portalux.com/ & http://aful.org/
"Amazon: we patent the dot in .com"