[Zope3-dev] Asyncore (and Twisted)

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Fri, 01 Nov 2002 15:07:58 +0000

> I think that desire isn't important enough to hold up integration of
> Zope 3 and Twisted, though.  We're talking about an optimization here,
> but currently, Zope 3 is explicitly un-optimized.  We should move
> forward without the optimization.

I'm concerned about integrating Twisted and Zope 3 if it means that I'd
need to know Twisted in addition to Zope 3 in order to do protocol work
on Zope 3.

Although, that concern is reduced if integrating Twisted with Zope 3
means removing code from Zope 3.

Perhaps I would be less concerned if I understood how Twisted and Zope 3
would interact for different network protocols. Will writing a proposal
be part of moving forward with this?

--
Steve Alexander