[Zope3-dev] sprintathon projects

Christian Theune ct@gocept.com
Sun, 03 Nov 2002 16:55:34 +0100

Martijn Faassen wrote:

>Hi there,
>
>I'm back from my vacation (yeah, I was on vacation this month) now and
>am still engaged in the sprintathon planning. What we currently need
>are:
>
>* more projects

Hi. I would be interested on doing some work on Metadata. I have
definitely not enough time to be a project leader imho,
but would be interested on having a generic implementation of what the
portal_metadata was. I already found Jim having implemented
something with metadata, so I don't know the current status (I'm
following Z3-Dev only sporadically, but trying to hook up now, for the
upcoming sprint again), but he told me he would only implement a Dublin
Core, which imho isn't enough. I created the CMF-AMP and got a lot of
hits on the
page after announcing it and enough feedback that shows me, people need
a configurable metadata solution.

I also wouldn't mind to join the Searching project, but I really don't
want to make a first step there, as I only touched this topic once for a
couple of hours. (SteveA: you're the leader of Searching, could you
please come up with *anything* I could take to start making some
thoughts on?)

Cheers
Christian