[Zope3-dev] Asyncore (and Twisted)

Marius Gedminas mgedmin@codeworks.lt
Mon, 4 Nov 2002 18:41:18 +0200

On Fri, Nov 01, 2002 at 05:02:55PM -0200, Leonardo Rochael Almeida wrote:
> > > How does this interact with the (admittedly edge) case of pages where
> > > you want to write the output bit by bit?
> > > (I'm thinking things like the dots that ZUnit used to write out...)
>
> Wow, someone actually remember those :-) (Hi Albertaas, enjoying being
> the new mantainer? :-)

I don't know about Albertas' feelings, but I enjoy adding random
features to ZUnit.  One of them uses some (shudder) javascript magic to
update document title dynamically showing the number of tests run,
errors and failures.  Now it is possible to do something useful in the
foreground while waiting for the tests to finish (our tests are
unfortunately quite heavy and take about 10 minutes to complete).  An
occasional glance towards the taskbar will immediately show the running
progress ("124/5/6 of 220"), updated in real time.

You can think of this as "ZUnit dots on steroids", or just another
actual use case for streaming pages.

Marius Gedminas
--
/* Halley */