[Zope3-dev] Sprintathon: searching?

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Mon, 04 Nov 2002 22:41:01 +0200

> Are there plans to work on searching at the Rotterdam Sprintathon?

Yes. Are you planning to be there?

> I might help in two ways:
>
> - I can try to write up use cases / stories / tasks.

This would be really useful. I'd really like to see a collection of
use-cases that describe concrete examples of the requirements people
have in Zope 2.

> - I can help with porting ZCTextIndex (which I consider the current
>   best practice) to Zope 3.

I think this would be a good task for some people at the sprintathon.

What kind of preparatory work do you think would help? Are there any
documents that describe the scope of ZCTextIndex, and how it is put
together? Do you think it will port "in one piece", or would it benefit
from "componentizing" internally?

--
Steve Alexander