[Zope3-dev] Sprintathon: searching?

Janko Hauser jh@comunit.de
05 Nov 2002 09:32:47 +0100

On Mon, 2002-11-04 at 22:57, Steve Alexander wrote:

> > An open problem that's not really solved completely in the Zope2 case
> > (I believe) is how to extract the indexable text from an object once
> > it is decided that it should be indexed.
>
> In Zope3, I guess there will be an interface, ISearchableText, that
> defines a getSearchableText() method, and adapters from most content
> types to that interface. (Change spelling according to taste.)

Uh, just from the current usage of Z2 indexing, I think it is not enough
to use a standard method to get the full text indexed content of a
document type. Think one wants to have to different indices, one for
anonymous searches and another for managment, where different versions
of a document or document content parts are indexed. We also put
keywords in such a full index, so we get all relevant documents with one
search.

I will add this, if the searching use cases are online, but wanted to
mention it here.

With regards,
__Janko