[Zope3-dev] documentation project at z3 sprint?

holger krekel pyth@devel.trillke.net
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 10:50:24 +0100

kapil thangavelu wrote:

> is there interest in such a project? with an alpha by the end of the year,
> having some more narrative docs (as opposed to interfaces and unit tests),
> would be a good thing. its not as sexy as coding, but its part of the
> building the platform.
>
> i'm willing/interested in working on a doc project at the sprint.

Hi Kapil!

I'd like to join you as i still don't grasp the Zope3 architecture.
A documentation project seems like a good starting point.  That doesn't
mean we can't do some coding in between :-)

Also we might work on (enhancement of a possibly existing) tool for
auto-generating interface descriptions etc.  If
you are interested, take a look at usage of the graphviz-library
with doxygen (which i used in former c++ projects):

    http://doxy.xots.org/tao/classCORBA__Object.html

you can navigate with clicking on the graphical view, too.  Automated
cross-referencing is the key for a good documentation IMO.

additionally, we have similar 'break' habits :-)

regards,

    holger