[Zope3-dev] initial topics for z3 doc project

holger krekel pyth@devel.trillke.net
Thu, 7 Nov 2002 10:51:37 +0100

Hi Kapil,

kapil thangavelu wrote:
> a quick a list of possible topics that could use some docs.
>
> initial audience, existing python friendly zope developers
>
> it might be nice to tie this into  some sort of story board ala the
> job board tutorial.
>
> perhaps a zope startup story, life of a request, and developing a
> sample poduct that uses all of the z3 framework product (perhaps extend the
> job board presentation?). just tossing out some ideas to get some discussion
> rolling, better/more suggestions wanted ;-)

Good list.  I will only be preparing for the sprint/zope3-doc in the
second half of november.  On my list is a first hack at integrating
graphviz with epydoc (or another tool).  I have used it only at a higher
level so please share code if you have some.

also, i think it's worth trying to extract the basic information
(inheritance, attributes, Implementation/Interface relations) at
runtime.  In combination with an uses-everything Demo Product
this should be doable.

If all 'documentation' is available at runtime this makes it
easier to have interactive search functions etc.  Maybe the
Demo-Project project should really be a Zope3 product itself
documenting itself.  Eat your own catfood.
But that might mean we have to wait :-)

As i have written an enhanced (documentation browsing) interactive
cmdline completer i'd also like to integrate it with Zope3 and handle
Interfaces and Adapters.  For this to work we'd need a
monitor/debugging-facility that executes commands locally and talks
via asyncchat to the readline completion handler.  You could login
and talk to Zope3 and about Interfaces directly.  I'd like it.

Hope to find more time for all that, soon, but don't hesitate to
comment,

    holger