[Zope3-dev] initial topics for z3 doc project

Guido Wesdorp johnny@johnnydebris.net
Fri, 8 Nov 2002 08:08:23 +0100

On Friday 08 November 2002 12:05, kapil thangavelu wrote:

> alternatively we could write a metaclass that checks to insure that
> interfaces are actually implemented, the interface should contain. the
> docs. i dunno how the metaclass checker would interact with persistent
> subclasses though.

Does Zope 3 still not check on the correct implementation of interfaces? =
I=20
think that should be done not only for documentation but also to help wri=
ting=20
code, maybe it shouldn't throw an exception but at least there should be =
a=20
way of finding out whether all interfaces are implemented correctly for=20
developers. And of course also documenting stuff from interfaces would be=
 a=20
lot easier if we were sure the interfaces were actually used. (Although I=
'm=20
not 100% sure if the interfaces provide enough information, the classes w=
ill=20
probably implement more functionality then the interfaces describe. Is th=
is=20
code that should be documented as well or not?)

Guido