[Zope3-dev] documentation project at z3 sprint?

holger krekel pyth@devel.trillke.net
Fri, 8 Nov 2002 18:44:09 +0100

Jim Fulton wrote:
> kapil thangavelu wrote:
> > is there interest in such a project? with an alpha by the end of the year,
> > having some more narrative docs (as opposed to interfaces and unit tests),
> > would be a good thing. its not as sexy as coding, but its part of the
> > building the platform.
>
> I agree that more narrative docs are needed. I'll note that a number of
> the responses you got were for tools to generate interface docs. :)

And you disagree that they are needed and would be very helpful?

> I'd really like to see more narative docs written as science fiction before
> the software is written.  There are a number of areas where this would benefit
> us.

I have made the experience that once you start using a nice browsing tool
you more directly realize the need for better documentation and descriptions.
And you notice inconsistencies much better.

    holger