[Zope3-dev] Please, no bare 'except:' clauses!

Casey Duncan casey@zope.com
Mon, 11 Nov 2002 10:00:04 -0500

On Monday 11 November 2002 09:51 am, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> > At one point, Python was implying that in a future release it might
> > require all exceptions to derive from Exception.  I'm not sure whethe=
> > Guido still thinks this is a good future goal or not.
>=20
> I still think this is a good future goal.

Ok then, so that makes my point moot. I still think it would be nice if t=
here=20
was a way for database errors to propagate through application code, but =
it=20
sounds like user education is the only real answer.

graduate-of-the-school-of-hard-knocks-ly y'rs,

-Casey