[Zope3-dev] Interesting parallels between Zope approach and N aked Objects

Stephan Richter stephan.richter@tufts.edu
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 08:27:13 -0500

On Tuesday 12 November 2002 07:42, Chris Withers wrote:
> > No I don't think so. I think the new way just saves you a lot of overhead
> > and nasty monkey patching. People still have to think (they even have to
> > think harder)
>
> Guys, that really needs not to be the case in the long run if you want Zope
> 3 to succeed.

I know you see this as a disadvantage, but is it really one? People who will
incorporate new Python objects in Zope 3 will be Python programmers, who have
the capacity to understand parts of the Z3 framework.
Of course, if you just want to incorporate content objects, one could quickly
write a little Wizard or an Incorporation Package to do just that. But the
general case will not be that easy, since you can have Services, Utilities,
Content,  ...

Regards,
Stephan
--