[Zope3-dev] Interesting parallels between Zope approach and N aked Objects

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 12:37:49 -0500

> IMO it'll be easier for programmers new to Zope to learn how to do
> both 3rd party module integration and new module creation than it
> was for programmers new to Z2.  It *will* require more thought in
> that it is a matter of selecting and assembling a greater number
> more tightly focused pieces, as opposed to using a one-size-fits-all
> monolith (SimpleItem, Folder).  But this extra thought will most
> likely be *welcomed* because it represents greater flexability.
> Thus Z3 will hopefully encourage *careful* thought as to how best
> to do these tings.  I also expect that some best practices boilerplate
> may develop fairly quickly that will make this stuff a *lot* easier
> than it was in Z2.

I'd like to make sure that the JobBoard example shows how to do it
right.  I've still saved up in my inbox some messages discussing how
to make a trivial change to it, but I've not had the time to go back
to this.  Comments on the JobBoard example from people who understand
Zope3 deeper than I do are welcome!