[Zope3-dev] Interesting parallels between Zope approach and N aked Objects

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 13:22:52 +0000

R. David Murray wrote:

> Although Stephan seems to accept your interpretation as valid, I
> dissagree.  I think what we are talking about here is the difference
> between taking a non-zope python module someone else has developed,
> fidling with it, and sticking some dtml pages on top of it, versus
> thinking carefully about how to best wrap that module up in Z3
> framework support wrappers (ie: write adapters, etc) so that you
> can use it in Z3 *without touching the base code*.

I certainly wasn't making this disctinction, I don't know about Stephan. My
point is that Zope 3 should be easier and more sensible than Zope 2. If extra
compelxity is required to make flexibility possible, there should be easy ways
to set things up that use sensible defaults for the extra complexity that can be
twiddled with later if needs be.

cheers,

Chris