[Zope3-dev] Death to "Views" package.

Jim Fulton jim@zope.com
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 11:21:58 -0500

Early on, Stephan and I came up with the convention of putting views in
view-type-specific subpackages within a "Views" subpackage. This means that
most packages have a Views subpackage that has a Browser subpackage.
While I still like the idea of separating Browser views into their own
subpackage, I find the intermediate "Views" package to be unnecessary and
quite annoying.

I'd like to make a papal edict that we stop creating "Views" packages and
as time permits, start refactoring away our existing views directory (or maybe
have one refactoring that removes all of them). Before I make the edict, however,
I'd like to see if there are dissenting opinions. :)

At this point, it's worth asking whether it would be better to avoid the veiw-specific
subpackages altogether, although I still find them useful.

Thoughts?