[Zope3-dev] DOS file endings not allowed in text files in CVS

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 14:54:39 -0500

    >> Or: 4. Before checking in from Unix, normalize line endings.  I
    >> use Tools/scripts/crlf.py from the Python distribution:

    JF> I don't think this approach is practical because people will
    JF> invariably forget to do it. I speak from experience. I know of
    JF> some folks who were going to run dos2unix before checking in
    JF> and often forgot.

I wonder if you could twist commitinfo into either doing the filtering
or at least barking loudly if it finds bad line endings.  One problem
is that commitinfo runs on the remote repository.  I've never played
with commitinfo though...

-Barry