[Zope3-dev] Death to "Views" package.

Jim Fulton jim@zope.com
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 17:12:30 -0500

Steve Alexander wrote:
> Jim Fulton wrote:

> Keep the views separate from the content. This makes the tests separate
> too. Tests of views are typically very different than tests of content.

How so?

BTW, I don't like to see python expressions in ZPT. I want *all* of the
Python view logic in view methods, not ZPT. There are two reasons for this:

1. It keeps the ZPT clean, and, more importantly

2. It keeps most of the logic testable. I don't like unit tests that compare
    html. If the vast majority of the logic is in Python, then I can write unit
    tests in a pretty straightforward fashion.