[Zope3-dev] Re: Zope 3 UI

Joachim Werner joe@iuveno-net.de
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 20:28:15 +0100 (CET)

Hi!

http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/ZMIReviewed

> > Deliverables:
> > - story books (screen by screen descriptions) of how things will work
> (at
> > least for some well-known workflows)
> > - if possible, basic APIs for that.
>
> I think this could also be delivered as actual end-user documentation.
> Perhaps before the sprint we can decide which particular cases we want
> to work on at the sprint. They get together with documenters and
> interview
> the actual implementors of the subsystem to come up with some UI
> screen
> mockups and documentation. I imagine this goes in several iterations
> with
> the implementors. Implementors may be inspired enough to actually
> build the implementation.

O.k.

> > The graphics design team could make use of the output generated by a)
> and b)
>
> It'd be nice if we could actually work towards putting some of their
> recommendations into code form at the sprint. Adjusting current views
> and forms widgets to be conformant, and adding infrastructure to make
> it easier to write conformant views. So I'd split this into one
> pair of style people and a pair of programmers (possibly later on
> in the week when there's something ready).

Yep

> And should also be possible from the filesystem, at least of python
> code.

I'd opt for a general solution for the filesystem vs. TTW topic, as Jim has
proposed already ... (so we'll not have to think about that too much, except
for the UIs that might be involved in configuring the whole thing ...)

Joachim