[Zope3-dev] Participation in Sprint: UI or documentation?

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 23:45:14 +0100

Heimo Laukkanen wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'll be participating in Sprint in Rotterdam - but haven't yet decided
> on which team I should contribute to. First thougth was that I would go
> into the UI group, but now that there actually is quite a lot of people
> allready participating - I thougth about the documentation project.
>
> I am a newbie with Zope 3 and propably the best thing that I could offer
> to the documentation project is a pair of fresh eyes coming from Zope 2
> world. So where as Kapil and other gurus present the active Zope 3
> developer with Zen fully grasped, I can work as a developer wishing to
> learn and eventually do transition to Zope 3 and what information I
> would need to do that transition.

> How does this sound?

Sounds good! The UI and documentation groups will likely have
significant overlap anyway, so you may end up doing something of
both. A significant part of the documentation will also be
'science fiction', describing systems which are incomplete yet,
guiding us hopefully into the right direction.

I think there's definitely value in a transition document, I agree
with Guido van Rossum that there should be stand-alone documentation
as well. I think you will be able to form both documents as you're
sifting the Zope 2 comparison stuff away from the stand-alone stuff,
though.

Shall I add you to the documentation group in the wiki or will you
do so yourself?

Regards,

Martijn