[Zope3-dev] Zope 3 Sprint for Australia in April 2003

KevinL darius@obsidian.com.au
15 Nov 2002 10:49:55 +1100

On Fri, 2002-11-15 at 00:26, Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Stephan Richter wrote:
> > On Wednesday 13 November 2002 21:09, Jan Smith wrote:
> > >  o The third stream would be for waves or sea level dwellers - made up by
> > > other zopistas.  Currently this stream is thinking of updating the Elvis
> > > Lives tutorial with screen shots and a how-to on Zope Page Templates. Rob
> > > Page has given the ok for this.
> >
> > What does this have to do with Zope 3? The Elvis tutorial is in Zope 2 and an
> > update will not be enough to run it in Zope 3. ;-) However, I think it would
> > be really cool, if we would have something like it in Zope 3.
>
> I was wondering about the same; Zope 2 or Zope 3? Hopefully by that time next
> year Zope 3 will have advanced enough to make a Zope 3 tutorial project like
> this feasible, however.

That was, I believe, the general idea:  If Zope3 is sufficiently
advanced by then (and I'm hoping it will be), then a re-write of the
tutorial for Zope3 would be a) a really good thing for newcomers, and b)
an interesting exercise for the rest of us anyway ;)  I don't see a lot
of point in re-doing the Zope2 one on Zope2, but getting a Zope3 version
in place would be useful.

KJL