[Zope3-dev] Re: [Zope-CMF] Content Types: What are they? Do we need them for Zope 3

Brian Lloyd brian@zope.com
Fri, 15 Nov 2002 09:37:30 -0500

> > - Zope 2 has something called "meta type".  This is used for at
> >   least two different things in Zope 2:
>
> I find meta types nto very useful and would prefer to just use
> the actual class
> name. Is that teh case in Zope 3?

Sorry if this isn't the right place to put in $0.02 on this.

On the specific issue of 'meta_type' in Z2, the more I look
at that name, the more I don't like it :)

A major use of meta_type is to provide a user-friendly (and UI
friendly) name for a concrete type. I'd like to propose that
whatever ends up playing the role of "user-friendly name" in
Z3 be called something more meaningful like DisplayName.

Brian Lloyd        brian@zope.com
V.P. Engineering   540.361.1716
Zope Corporation   http://www.zope.com