[Zope3-dev] Testing the CVS checkin ...

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 17:15:23 +0000

Joachim Werner wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Is there a standard procedure of testing CVS checkin rights? I just
> have got
> my account, and I'd like to make sure that I can do checkins before the
> Sprintathon. On the other hand, I don't have any "real" code to check
> in yet
> ;-)

Find a module with unused import statements. Remove the unused import
statements. Run the unit tests and the functional test. If they pass,
check it in.

There are some in the second file I randomly looked in:

   lib/python/Zope/App/Security/ZopeSecurityPolicy.py

These include:
   from Zope.Exceptions import Unauthorized, Forbidden

And also:

   IPrincipalPermissionManager
   IPrincipalRoleManager
   IRolePermissionManager
   permissionRegistry
   principalRegistry
   roleRegistry

I use the "#" and "*" keys in vim to see if an imported name is used in
the file.

--
Steve Alexander