[Zope3-dev] Page Designs merged into ZopeTop

Shane Hathaway shane@zope.com
Thu, 21 Nov 2002 11:19:43 -0500

Stephan Richter wrote:
>>So check it out and tell us what you think.
>

> Very cool stuff.

I'm glad to hear it.

> I gave it a quick test run on Konqueror CVS and Phoenix 0.3
>
> General:
>
> - I cannot manipulate or change seperators.

They're not supposed to be manipulated, though that's an interesting
idea--maybe it should be possible to manipulate them.  I had it in mind
that they'd just always be there.

> - The highlighting color should be different (I know it is just CSS). Maybe
> the borders should be highlighed instead.
>
> - I agree with Marius' post that I should still be able to select text in
> these boxes. Maybe window-like handlers or tips will do the trick.

Agreed.

> - I cannot place anything below the last seperator.

Well, the separators are supposed to be the targets, so the idea is that
when you place an item at the bottom of a column, a new separator
appears.  It's not doing that now, and now I wonder whether manipulating
separators is a better idea.

> Pheonix:
> Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.2b) Gecko/20021014 Phoenix/0.3
>
> - Everything seems to work just fine.

Great!

Eeewww. :-)

> - The right mouse button click that shows the drop-down menu does not work in
> Konqueror.
>
> - The border around the boxes is not drawn correctly (most likely Konqueror
> bug).

I've had a lot of trouble getting Konqueror to do the right thing.  I
know the KDE team is trying hard, but they're behind. :-)  Specifically,
I think Konqueror does not yet support "contextmenu" events and
transparent borders.

Shane