[Zope3-dev] Page Designs merged into ZopeTop

Shane Hathaway shane@zope.com
Thu, 21 Nov 2002 11:37:02 -0500

Fred L. Drake, Jr. wrote:
 > Shane Hathaway writes:
 >  > I've tried variations on this idea, but haven't found anything
 >  > satisfactory.  My attempts made the page light up like it was on
fire,
 >  > since there are often a *lot* of targets on a page.  Maybe I just
 >  > haven't stumbled on the right way to present it.
 >
 > Perhaps just the border of the target should be highlighted?  But you
 > probably tried that already.

Yes.  Maybe I just didn't use the right border color... ;-)

What I *really* wanted was targets that are actually larger than the
element on the page... say, 4 pixels on each side.  That way we could
have very small or even invisible targets, and the separators wouldn't
be necessary.  But I couldn't find a good way to do this.  Do any CSS
gurus know if there's a way to position an element relative to another
element without affecting the flow?  It would be a mix of "position:
relative" and "display: none", yet visible.

Shane