[Zope3-dev] Page Designs merged into ZopeTop

Shane Hathaway shane@zope.com
Thu, 21 Nov 2002 15:41:59 -0500

Stephan Richter wrote:
> On Thursday 21 November 2002 15:01, Shane Hathaway wrote:
>
>>I have incorporated this and other feedback.  The separators, now black,
>>only appear when dragging, the spacers rearrange properly, and the
>>contents of the "services" box do not disappear. :-)  See what you think.
>

> Yeah, that is definitely better. :-)
>
> I think from this it is really easy to define a Zope3UI task: Implement a "Box
> Widget" Service that registers all the possible boxes that can go on the
> management screens (context-specific of course).

Yes.  (Minor correction: some boxes are context-specific, while others
are not.)  Then we need to tie into the user preferences service when it
gets developed.  We might need to draw on somebody's Javascript XML-RPC
skills in order to keep the box manipulation snappy.

As fun as this box manipulation might be right now, I think we can
barely imagine the possibilities it opens up.  People will assemble
"applications" merely by placing boxes on the page.  And maybe people
will assemble forms by moving widgets around.  Wow.

Shane