[Zope3-dev] ALL test crashing Python?

Paul Everitt paul@eurozope.org
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 16:09:07 +0100

On vendredi, nov 22, 2002, at 16:00 Europe/Paris, Fred L. Drake, Jr.
wrote:

> Jeremy Hylton writes:
>> Threw me a bone here <wink>.  I have Python 2.3 on the machine I'm
>> using, but my Python 2.2 doesn't run the test suite because I'm told
>> that pyexpat is required.
>
> So install PyXML.  If you don't want to install it in your Python
> installation, install it in Zope's lib/python/, or install Expat on
> your platform and rebuild Python 2.2.2 so that gets picked up.
>
> When Zope says Expat is required, it means it.

Is it still true that PyXML 0.7.0 is required?  The SettingUpASandbox
page says you can't use 0.7.1.  Can you use 0.8.1?  It would be nice to
get an official answer on this, especially since 0.7.0 isn't available
in SourceForge's download manager. :^)

--Paul