[Zope3-dev] ALL test crashing Python?

Jim Fulton jim@zope.com
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 10:54:30 -0500

Steve Alexander wrote:
>> I used to like to do that too, but the test script is *so* good,
>> that I recomment using it:
>>
>>   python test.py testXXXX
>

> Actually, I hadn't realised before that you can type
>
>   python test.py testModule
>
> from the Zope3 root directory, and the test script will find the
> lib/python/Persistence/test/testModule.py module and run its tests.

There are lots of other variations on this cool script. You can test
just a package:

   python test.py Zope.App.OFS.Services

The script is willing to run pychecker for you.

It produces nice informative import errors.

It can be used as a module to allow post-mortem debugging of
test failures:

   import pdb, test
   test.debug("Zope.App.OFS.Services")
   pdb.pm()

I guess once dev.zope.org catches up from this morning's maintenance work,
it would be nice for someone to update:
http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/RunningUnitTests
which is woefully out of date.