[Zope3-dev] RFC: ViewDirectoryHierarchyReorganization

Shane Hathaway shane@zope.com
Tue, 26 Nov 2002 09:38:38 -0500

Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Yes. But I was speaking about the latter. Sorry I did not make this
> more clear. :)

Oh, ok.

> Anyway, my proposal was for a first step that we can take *quickly* to
> empower people constructing the Zope 3 user interface; I expect a lot
> of those will not be expert python programmers. Or at least they shouldn't
> be wearing the expert python programmer hat while dealing with
> user interfaces. The directory hierarchy navigation skills are in
> a sense a 'dead chicken' in Zope 3. :)

Is it possible to have "emergent dead chickens"? :-)  I guess it is,
because as the hierarchy gets deeper, it gets progressively harder to
find things, especially for developers not familiar with the codebase.

Do you have a specific solution to propose?

Shane