[Zope3-dev] How setting up cvs / ssh for Rotterdam Sprint

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Tue, 26 Nov 2002 22:37:55 +0100

Gr?goire Weber wrote:
> So it seems only a matter of tools and configuring.
>
> Tools installed:
>
>    - WinCVS 1.3beta10 (including command line cvs client)
>
>    - Putty 0.52 (ssh client)
>
> I do not understand how I get WinCVS talk with Putty. I
> even don't know if they have to.

Your WinCVS has to know how to deal with SSL in order to talk
to zope.org. I don't know whether it's capable of this.

In order to actually compile the C code that's included, you also
need a C compiler; once you got the CVS working you ain't there yet.
The free options would be either cygwin (how well does this work with
Zope 3) or the Borland compiler (free as in price). Godefroid can help
you with the latter.

Regards,

Martijn