[Zope3-dev] Re: [ZODB-Dev] ZODB4 project plan

Jeff Rush jrush@taupro.com
Tue, 26 Nov 2002 16:16:03 -0600

On Tue, Nov 26, 2002 at 03:22:35PM -0500, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> Is there anyone who would regret losing versions in ZODB4?

Although I don't use them personally, they get a lot of positive
PR when I introduce someone to Zope.  The idea that they can
perform development tasks on their production server, and then
commit them wholesale excites them.

So with the removal of Versions would the official stance then
be to always run separate production and development servers,
and come up with some way of syncing?  Perhaps elevating the
task of ZODB <=> ZODB synchronizing support would help to
remove the need for Versions.  Perhaps something within the
replication project, since synchronization is just
time-delayed replication at heart.

-Jeff Rush