[Zope3-dev] Zope 3 tests crashing Windows Python

Tim Peters tim_one@email.msn.com
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 10:34:07 -0500

[Godefroid Chapelle]
> Just wanted to mention that I cannot make CW autotester work on Windows
> with the current Zope 3 test suite.  It hangs with 5 or 6 Python
> instances which seems to also hang.

I'm on vacation today, and can't make time to pursue this, so just as a data
point, the Zope3 tests ran to completion for me yesterday on Win2K, using
Python 2.3 and MSVC 6.  There was a repeatable hang the first time I tried
it, in the ZEO WindowsConnectionTests, but it was a shallow bug and Jeremy
checked in a fix.  No problems after that.

> I am running 2.2.2 on Win 2K. C extensions built with Borland compiler.

So two difference from what I did there.

> When running the test suite alone I get errors as shown hereunder :
>
> Error in test checkDisconnectionError
> (ZEO.tests.testConnection.WindowsConnectionTests)
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File
> "c:\tmp\Zope3TestsSandbox\Zope3\lib\python\ZEO\tests\ConnectionTests.py",
>   line 399, in checkDisconnectionError
>      self.shutdownServer()
>    File
> "c:\tmp\Zope3TestsSandbox\Zope3\lib\python\ZEO\tests\testConnection.py",
> line 80, in shutdownServer
>      s.connect(self._servers[index])
>    File "<string>", line 1, in connect
> error: (10061, 'Connection refused')
>
> same in
>
> checkReadOnlyFallbackReadOnlyStorage
> checkReadOnlyServer
> checkReadOnlyStorage
> checkReconnectSwitch
> checkReconnectUpgrade

> Ran 2477 tests in 1204.883s
>
> FAILED (errors=14)

Those have no intersection w/ the problem I saw yesterday, and, indeed, I've
never seen those tests fail in that way.