[Zope3-dev] Zope3 Tests not OK :-(

Tim Peters tim_one@email.msn.com
Thu, 28 Nov 2002 12:12:11 -0500

[Tim, tried the Zope3 tests with
    current CVS Zope3 head
    current Python 2.3 head
    MSVC 6
    Win98SE
 and got just "the usual" Win98SE failure in testManyClients
]
> So this doesn't have to do with Windows specifically.  It may have to do
> with the Python version, or with the compiler + C runtime you're using.

I tried the same thing, except using the PLabs 2.2.2 Python Windows
distribution.  Same outcome:

ERROR: testManyClients (Zope.Server.HTTP.tests.testHTTPServer.Tests)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Code\Zope3\lib\python\Zope\Server\HTTP\tests\testHTTPServer.py",
line 214, in testManyClients
    h.endheaders()
  File "C:\PYTHON22\lib\httplib.py", line 695, in endheaders
    self._send_output()
  File "C:\PYTHON22\lib\httplib.py", line 581, in _send_output
    self.send(msg)
  File "C:\PYTHON22\lib\httplib.py", line 548, in send
    self.connect()
  File "C:\PYTHON22\lib\httplib.py", line 788, in connect
error: (10055, 'No buffer space available')

Ran 2477 tests in 1337.540s

FAILED (errors=1)

So it's not the Python version accounting for your problems either.

Try zeroing in on just one of the ZEO tests failing for you; the same root
cause probably underlies all of them.  Run it in isolation with -300
logging -- maybe something useful will show up in the log file.