[Zope3-dev] Development methodology (Re: [Zope-CMF] Future CMF) (rant)

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 08:27:29 -0400

> No offence, but I think this would really suck. The documentation
> really needs to be in one place, IMNSHO. If I can go to one folder,
> start with index.html, README.TXT or some such and work from there
> then I stand a chance as a newbie.  If I have to rummage around in
> code folders just to find the documentation, I would be quite likely
> to give up and sink back into the pit of despair...

Depends on what kind of documentation we're talking about.  End user
documentation belongs in one place.  But internal documentation
explaining how a particular piece of code (like the meta-config stuff)
works is best kept close to the code, so it has a chance of staying in
sync with the code.