[Zope3-dev] Development methodology (Re: [Zope-CMF] Future CMF) (rant)

Jim Fulton jim@zope.com
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 23:51:52 -0400

Chris Withers wrote:

> That said, I'm not sure long and convoluted proposals (which I never
> have time to read properly ;-) help either.

I'm sure that anyone would agree that convoluted proposals are a bad idea.
Have we had any convoluted proposals? I can't think of any. I think
most proposals are fairly carefuly written. If any proposals are convoluted,
IMO, it's the short ones that skip important steps like exlaining the
goals behind the proposals or that don't adequately explain what's being
proposed.

I don't see how length could necessarily be a bad thing, if length is needed
to be clear, which it often is.

It's perfectly fair to be uninterested in some proposals and this be
unwilling to spend the time to analize them. Don't confuse a lack
of interest with a poorly written proposal though.