[Zope3-dev] Development methodology (Re: [Zope-CMF] Future CMF) (rant)

Jim Fulton jim@zope.com
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 23:54:37 -0400

Jeffrey P Shell wrote:

> Python's been using PEP's fairly
> successfully, and Perl's using RFC's (at least when it comes to Perl 6's
> development).  I like those systems because they are a little more
> formalized than the fishbowl (I like that PEPs/RFC's have numbers), and
> seem not to get abandoned or lost as easily as Wiki pages tend to do
> (even with all the great organization work that's gone in to ZWiki and
> Zope.org's flavoring of ZWiki).

I think that the fish bowl has been pretty successful. Do you have evidence
that PEPs have been more sucessful?  Fishbowl proposals aren't lost. They are
gathered in one place and can be easily found.