[Zope3-dev] Development methodology (Re: [Zope-CMF] Future CMF) (rant)

Tom Deprez tom@aragne.com
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 16:37:04 +0200

<snip>

> What now?  It seems to me that *someone* (or a very small task group)
> has to put a concentrated effort in this.  Perhaps a Wiki sprint would
> be helpful?  I'd suggest to just start over, by creating a new Zope3
> Wiki.  But since I'm not volunteering (unless Jim assigns me to this
> task) that's just a suggestion.  And once the Wiki is reorganized,
> someone needs to stay on top of it: update status regularly, remove
> abandoned proposals, and generally make the Wiki easy to navigate for
> visitors old and new.

Mmm, how could we start on this? I'm not sure, but I think there is no
'rule' or 'style guide' on how to maintain project management in a Wiki.
Perhaps time to start one?
And then, how will one person or a group of people be able to maintain it?
Should people contact the maintainers?

Let's see if we can make it clearer.
Just brainstorming here and not just general skeleton:

Zope3
   VisionStatement

   The Project
      AreWorkInProgress
         (contains links to all subprojects with this status,
           maintained by the wiki maintainers, according to information from
subproject)
      AreProposals
         (contains links to all subprojects with this status,
           maintained by the wiki maintainers, according to information from
subproject)
      ArePlanned
         (contains links to all subprojects with this status,
           maintained by the wiki maintainers, according to information from
subproject)
      AreImpelemented
         (contains links to all subprojects with this status,
           maintained by the wiki maintainers, according to information from
subproject)
      AreRejected
         (contains links to all subprojects with this status,
           maintained by the wiki maintainers, according to information from
subproject)
      subprojects
        subproject1
            Managers
            General idea (gives a quick view for what this project is
intended and how it fits in the global project)
            Case Studies
            Status

        subproject2

        subprojectn

   [The subproject pages should be maintained by the project managers]

   CurrentStatus
       shows an overview of all the subprojects:
           something like a table:
                 * with the name of the subproject (link to the actual
subproject)
                 * project managers
                 * the date it started
                 * date latest change
                 * the phase it is in
    [ CurrentStatus is something the maintainers of the Wiki should regulary
update, by looking at the subprojects]

   Documentation

   Sidies
       Sprints