[Zope3-dev] Development methodology (Re: [Zope-CMF] Future CMF) (rant)

Paul Everitt paul@eurozope.org
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 17:16:24 +0200

On vendredi, oct 11, 2002, at 05:51 Europe/Paris, Jim Fulton wrote:

> I'm sure that anyone would agree that convoluted proposals are a bad
> idea.
> Have we had any convoluted proposals? I can't think of any. I think
> most proposals are fairly carefuly written. If any proposals are
> convoluted,
> IMO, it's the short ones that skip important steps like exlaining the
> goals behind the proposals or that don't adequately explain what's
> being
> proposed.

I agree a lot with this last part.  Early in this thread, the sentiment
was expressed of, "Don't make me write a proposal, just read my code."
No.  Only a small number of people will show that kind of commitment
without any explanation of why they should commit.

--Paul